Are you currently using Salesloft to manage and automate your sales engagement motions? Well, we’re excited to share that by connecting Salesloft to Correlated, you’ll be able to use the product usage intelligence generated by Correlated to kick off your sequences in SalesLoft.
For example, after a user or customer takes a key action in your product, like viewing an Enterprise feature, inviting a new user, or increasing their usage of your platform, you can have a relevant conversation with them about those key actions.
This means smarter, more relevant sales engagement that drives better conversion and more efficient sales motions. What’s not to love?
Say “Goodbye” to time-based drip campaigns and “Hello” to personalized outreach
Correlated’s best-in-class platform for PLG revenue teams has been a game-changer for teams who now have access to the insights they need to close more deals. We work with leading PLG companies to drive conversion, identify expansion opportunities, and improve net dollar retention. One of the key trends we’ve observed is that most companies are using time-based drip campaigns, but aren't achieving the outcomes they want from those campaigns, and here’s why.
Time-based drip campaigns don’t take into account any factors other than time
Let’s take a really common strategy that almost every PLG company employs - time-based campaigns. If your company has a 14 day trial, you’ll have a welcome email on signup, a follow-up tutorial email 3 days later, an email about more use cases a week in, and a reminder email on day 10. The problem with this drip campaign is that it assumes your users are trying your product on your schedule, not theirs. Perhaps they got busy from Day 1-10, and only really started using the product on Day 10. All your emails before Day 10 fell on deaf ears.
Instead, we’ve found that a better approach is to use data to drive personalized outreach so that you’re providing your users with actionable, valuable information at the right time.
Action-based drip campaigns convert at much higher rates
Similar to time-based campaigns, you’re still using a drip campaign to push users along in their customer journey, but you're doing it in a way that is aligned with how they are experiencing your product, whether that’s during a trial, or for a fully onboarded customer.
Here are some ways Correlated customers are doing this today:
The two most common examples we see are teams triggering a Salesloft sequence after a user has done a key action in the product and after a user tries a key feature in your product. Once that happens, the Salesloft sequence will include information specific to that action or feature, providing a better experience for the user and a higher likelihood of the deal closing for your team.
There are a myriad of ways sales and revenue teams use Correlated to build intelligent sequences. Case in point, we have customers who are converting campaigns that previously lived in marketing automation tools over to sales automation tools like Salesloft given the ability to drive more personalization. This isn’t to say you shouldn’t have time-based drip campaigns, but personalizing some campaigns can make a world of difference.
Make sales motions more efficient by bringing in a human touch at the right time
Beyond building more effective, personalized drip campaigns, using Salesloft alongside Correlated makes it possible to more efficiently allocate sales resources on the opportunities that matter. In the PLG world, sales teams are inundated with leads that enter the product, and it’s simply impossible to reach out to all of them. This is partly what product qualified leads (PQLs) try to address (we’ll leave the limitations of PQLs to another blog post), but at the end of the day, you only want your sales teams working leads that are likely to convert or expand.
With Correlated, you can identify data-driven product insights that help filter through the noise, identifying just the customers that are potentially worth a human touch. Imagine that you have 1000 new users signing into your product every week. Out of those 1000, 5% are from companies with greater than 1000 employees. You’ll want a sales person to immediately reach out to that prospect. The other 95% can be nurtured using tools like Salesloft to move them down the onboarding funnel before your sales team engages.
Get started with Correlated + Salesloft for free
We recently opened up our product to more users via a self-serve offering. It’s easy to get started, and we offer a bunch of integrations that make it possible to take action on centralized data coming from multiple data sources. We also support Outreach as a downstream integration as well. If you’re using sales automation and are looking to implement a PLG GTM motion, we’d love to have you try us out!